Beauty pageant organiser extra ordinaire Tan Sri Datuk Danny Ooi is once again etching his mark in the industry with his conception of a new title: Miss Tourism Global.
After having taken the world by storm with his two home-grown titles – Miss Tourism International and Miss Tourism Queen of the Year International – Tan Sri Datuk Danny Ooi is set to go one up on himself when his new pageant is staged in November 2000.
He believes there are limited beauty titles in the industry, with much capacity for it to grow.
Secondly, he believes that more countries/cities should enjoy the benefits of hosting a world final and the spin-off economic advantages from such an world-class event.
He also desires peace and friendship for the world.
Lastly, a desire to create more career advancement opportunities for women and also help enhance their self-development skills prompted Tan Sri Datuk Danny Ooi to come up with the Miss Tourism Global.
- To promote tourism and culture of the hosting city
- To foster international friendship & understanding
- An exciting and interest-driven international event
- A Public Relation exercise for the hosting government and corporate company
- A tool to increase awareness the beauty and attraction of the hosting city
- Provide opportunity for young women worldwide as role model and career advancement